The significant changes to the 55th Edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations can be found here. A few highlights of the changes are:
- Special Provision A4 and A5 (which applies to liquids having an inhalation toxicity of PG I) will have documentation requirements on the shipper’s declaration
- UN3496, Batteries, nickel metal hydride has been added but this article is only regulated via ocean transport.
- Lithium battery packing instructions 965-970 revised to clarify provisions
- Lithium battery packing instructions 965 and 968 Section IB have added a shipping paper requirement.
- Appendix H have been added detailing some of the changes which will be incorporated into the 2015 Technical Instructions, which the IATA is based on.
We will post additional information as it becomes available. If you have any questions, please contact Ken or Christine at Safety Specialists – 704-573-0955.